Sunday, May 3, 2009

Key of B? I got this. No problem.

Well, if any of you go to SRC and you happen to be there today you would've witnessed me totally killing the Spirit. As many of you are aware I am part of the praise team at our church and if you didn't know that now you know. So this morning was like any other Sunday I arrived late for practice, but I did practice the music for the service. So I was ready or so I thought.

Well, the moment of truth came and we got through the first two songs. The next song is None But Jesus in the key of B. Now I normally do not start off the songs that is normally done by Pastor, but since I was supposedly more familiar with the song he let me start it off. Big mistake. So here we go the previous songs were in Bb(that's B flat for none of you that don't know anything about music) and I'm playing Bb on my guitar, but in my mind I'm in the key of B so when I change chords to E and F# they don't seem to go????? I look up and Pastor is saying B it's B and I'm like B I know I got this my guitar must be out of tune I mean how could I mess up right??????? So this goes on for like an eternity I keep playing Bb and keep trying to change to E and F# just torturing the congregation. I look up and people are grimacing Bethany is just staring off into space with a puzzled look Pastor is saying B!!! Then it dawns on me I'm in the wrong key so I very casually slide up a half step to B and all is restored. Whew.... I was just waiting for Benji to say, "I knew it he is not a man of God!!!" Oh Mylanta what a morning and the lesson learned????? Pastor needs to learn guitar and start off the songs. I'm giving lessons right now Pastor so give me a holler!! LoL oh I mean L!!!

4 comments:

  1. it's okay, Ricky. We forgive you this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great description of a funny moment, although it wasn't too funny when it was happening. Actually, I've caused my share of those Spirit-killing moments.

    ReplyDelete